Monday 31 January 2011

Soap & Glory: The Righteous Butter

Today I want to post one of my most favourite products, a definite must have! Everyone is familiar with Soap&Glory and their fabulous range of bath and beauty products (and if you’re not, get yourself along to your nearest Boots store, where are the moment, it’s 3 for 2!!) and pretty much 70-80% of my beauty collection currently consists of S&G products. So, being a self confessed Soap & Gory addict, it is no surprise that the first product I have chosen to share on this blog hails from their range.


The Righteous Butter is something of a beauty staple for me, having gone through several large pots since discovering this product over a year ago. My first encounter was through a teeny little pot which was part of a set I was given by one of my pupils. Naturally, this didn’t last long as I was soon popping along to Boots for a larger pot. The Righteous Butter comes in quite a large pot, 300 ml, and a little does go a long way; I use mine constantly and it lasts for months on end. It has a gorgeous, creamy texture that just seems to melt into your skin, and doesn’t leave that greasy residue that most body butters seem to. It works best by applying a small handful to damp skin (I’m not sure why people say apply to damp skin, but it does seem to work) and then just massage it really gently into your skin. I like taking the time after a bath or shower to apply this product, and it can be very relaxing. 

What I also love about this product is the gorgeous smell. As soon as you open the pot you are hit with it: a sort of floral, fruity perfume, but not so sweet as to sicken you like most body butters. It also leaves your skin with a gorgeous musky fragrance, so perfect for Valentine’s Day ladies. The fragrance lasts for a good while after application and I have been known for having a ‘signature S&G scent’. Before using this product, my body butter of choice was The Body Shop’s Shea Body Butter, which is still pretty excellent, though is one of those sickly scented body butters. I haven’t bought another body butter since The Righteous Butter and will be going over to Boots tomorrow to pick up another tub to take to London with me on Friday. If you buy anything this week ladies, make it a pot of this! A large pot will set you back 10.00 (and remember what I said about a little going a long way?) or if you don’t want to shell out a tenner to try something out, Soap & Glory have very cleverly began selling mini versions of their most popular products, with The Righteous Butter Mini costing a recession-friendly 2.35! That’s cheaper than a Starbucks caffeine fix! I’m not sure how long the 3 for 2 offer will last, but I’ve got a feeling they run Wednesday to Wednesday, so take a stroll along and bag yourself some much needed pampering beauties. If you are looking for something else to make up your 3 products, I also recommend Flake Away, Calm One Calm All and The Scub of Your Life ;)


Finally, my nails today are inspired by Celtic, and their excelllent win yesterday over Aberdeen, sending them through to the Co-operative Insurance Cup final. This definitely called for some green, and what better than Barry M Green Glitter Polish! I love this one to death, it’s actually my 2nd bottle, and also have it in red, navy and gold! Barry M are fantastic for doing really great colours in their nail polish range, and so reasonably priced you can’t go wrong! This one does benefit more from a clear top-coat, but I didn’t have time to apply, and so gave it 3 coats of glitter and was off.


Thanks for reading and come back to me with your thoughts on The Righteous Butter :)

2 comments:

  1. That Barry M colours is lovely!!! Did it last very long on?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It generally lasts quite long with a top coat. I removed it this morning as I'm a bit strange and like my nails to co-ordinate with my outfit (today they are orange and grey!), but it would have lasted longer.

    The Barry M glitters can be a bit harder to remove than normal polish, but just use a bit more remover on a cotton pad and it's fine. Honestly, they are great quality for the price!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate people leaving me comments and read every one. If you have any questions just ask!

Thank you!